Monday, April 7, 2014

I Can For Annie!

There will be a benefit on June 21, 2014 at the America Legion Hall in Martinsburg, MO for a 2 1/2 year old little girl, Annie Vomund who has been diagnosed with Leukemia. Time: Doors open at 4 p.m. and the cost is $20 per person; children 10 and under are free. There will be a fish fry; silent and live auction with Joe Vomund as auctioneer; dance with music provided by the band Mezmer; 50/50 drawing and raffle tickets.  car decal: $5 each in the colors of pink or yellow; and we are doing an aluminum can drive and will be accepting cans until June 17th. Also, aluminum tabs are being accepted and we will be donating them in Annie's name. Please contact: Susan or Leo  for drop off location. My email is suzq2u@email.com. All donations will be appreciated in helping the Vomund family and especially Annie. Thank you for your support.  All proceeds will go to Annie's medical and travel expenses.

3 comments:

  1. Update on benefit: On 4/6/2014, the decals will be available in pink or yellow with the name Annie on it. Also we will be selling raffle tickets for a 22-250 Savage gun with a Nikon scope, it is bolt action w/synthetic stock. The cost of raffle will be $2.00 per ticket or 6 tickets for $10.00

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. With just 5 weeks left before the benefit happens, things are beginning to fall into place. I have been overwhelmed by the support and encouragement in making this event a success. This was my very first benefit and I must admit I have stumbled along the way but with the help of my friends and husband I was able to pick myself up, regroup and keep going. Whenever I start to feel overwhelm, tired or unsure, I think of Annie and all she has to go through, I think of her family and how difficult it must be to see Annie be in pain and then I am stop complaining and put all that energy into making this benefit a success. It won't be long before we see if all my organization and planning has paid off and if it has, Annie and her family will hopefully be able to breathe easier and enjoy a day set aside for them and especially Annie.

    ReplyDelete